Monday, August 10, 2009

Masked City???

How can I feel like hating someone whom once I adored??
Well...life takes us to strange twists & turns...!! Don't know why & don't know how???

Anyhow, sunday eavening was a perfect weekend ending, a light drink with a good ol friend. And that so dam necessary chit chat brought back some old memories. She left an amazing gift for me...SENNHEISER PMX70 earphones. These are awefu$#ingsome earphones. They give you a feel as if whole discotheque is following you. SENNHEISER PMX70 are among my resent best possession. She went back & we hugged each other good bye...and at least for me that was li'l touchy!!!
Today, every 10th person in Mumbai was wearing mask. That means one tenth of the mumbai is masked, courtesy Swine Flu!! Tomorrow it'll be quarter of the Mumbai. In any case I don't buy this face mask concept. Literate-Illiterate, Shopkeepers, local commuters, in office-out of office everyone was wearing mask. It took me time to accept all that but in no case I'll buy such behavior. Don't know why but I hated to see people wearing masks! And I also believe Swine flu can't be avoided that way.
We are the democratic country where we have right to do all this & much beyond. But before that we are a socially active country which belives in helping out the person next to us. We are a country that belives in talking-chatting with a person who's sitting next to us in office, train, bus or wherever. We are a country that was never masked. Though I will not question anyone's behaviour, I might be wrong, might sound stupid but masked city is something that gives me a strange feel, a feel that the city is no more social. A feel that we are back to the era of untouchability. Swine flu can not be kept away by just masking!!! For me, no mask, until that is the last thing!!


I am more worried about the lovers...Will mumbai be kissing & smooching less to avoid this communicable virus??? Will Swine flu bring down the Coochy Coooooing ???? Will there be less 'Muaaah Muaaaah' ???

1 comment:

SeReNDiPiTY said...

face mask concept is IN dese days..courtesy..d over critical news channels..be it mumbai..banglore..or delhi university. it took me a while to get used to dis, n i hate it more wen i see them using it the wrong way..