Friday, May 9, 2008

Universal Shloka

"Bhen*%$d"

Pardon my words but few things don't move without using sacred Shlokas.... moreover Reuters have recetly declared above mentioned as the most used slang in India ;) & thats how I greeted Bangalore Autowallah's everyday.

If a person travelling in their auto is a North indian, it becomes their birth right to not return the change, to ask for tip or to escalate the fare in any other possible manner. And if you turn down their tricks on face, the words that pop out of their mouth are "Hindi log...." + some kannad. As if Hindi speaking people have been robbing them since their mother brought them on planet.

My travel in Autos & busses of made me an educated traveller. Obviously, we all travellers are fooled for initial few days when travelling in other cities, specially when the language spoken is alien. But after sometime the "Bhain&*%$" & similar slngs come to rescue. For all obvious reasons, using these words is no bad idea, coz somehow all over county these abusive words are understood in the language of their origin itself (Hindi). From Kashmir to Kanyakumari via Bangalore & chennai, people do understand the above mentioned word & get the sense speaker is in. Bingo!! Something we can communicate through, without having an interpreter. Communication at its best.

Even while sitting all alone I cant stop my laughter, on recalling the encounters that I had with Bangalore Autowallahs. I cant forget the time when I had to beg for my own money..... I was not well & was low on energy levels. Lack of change made me to give autowallah Rs. 100 note, the smallest currency note I had. I was literally robbed of all the change I had to recieve back. Autowallah never returned my money & the justification from was "who'll bring you at this crowded place in this much money & I shall keep it". My illness affored only few greetings for him by saying "Move on you Fu#$*&^ AS$@#*&" & the last was grand one "Bhen&^*% - Bhe&^%$@ - Bhe&^%$@", (they say its good if you recite thrice). But my money was gone :(

My knowledge about the autowallah community throughout country's metros have also escalated to a new level. Mumbaiwallah's are among the best & the Bangalore wallah's the worst, Chennai aint that good too. In Bangalore, elderly autowallah's are dedicated to their work & are comparitively more genuine than others. But no one minds extra money. BEWARE!!!

If you are a North Indian in Bangalore, travel by public transport & somehow escaped autowallahs. Than trust me, Bus conductors will deffinately suck your wallet atleast penny by penny (will explain sometime later). Don't fret, coz in return you add up to the knowledge & you get ready for bigger tours around the world.

did someone say lighter wallets are better for back & backpain ;)

people who are offended by the word used in blog must feel apologetic :P
Happy Travelling!!!

2 comments:

ani said...

i so know the feeling! :))

Passionate said...

Yeah... I might have killed few :X

Understanding ke liye Shukriya :)