Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Teaching Sheeching apne bas ka nahi...

have never taken up teaching before, errr... actually once I did...

I still remember when in 3rd semester, hostel days, I rubbed my hands on being a tutor to a 9th standard student. Ufff....., that was difficult, the subject that scared me the most in school days was what I had to teach. Kasam Sheela ki jawani ki, it was aaahhh uuuiiii, 'What am I trying to do??' thing. Syllabus books aur mera rishta bilkul waisa tha jaise Shahid Kapoor aur Kareena Kapoor ka ab wala pyaar. Apni class mein ek hi ladki thi aur uska bhi shikaar ho chuka tha, so there was no pressure of earning for dates & gifts also. Still I dived in, as tuting sounded glamorous. These were the few types of unimaginable glamorous things one could splurge in that secluded place called 'Bhiwani'. Only boxers survive in that city, somehow I also managed to come out alive. Anyways.... important thing is the girl was a student of 9th standard & I, a second year engineering student who reached their purely by God's tactics. No one had even an isolated idea that maths had an ongoing tiff with me. Maths mein haath itna tight that I had to go through a Re examination in Semester 1 itself...that is called 'bhaagne se pehle hi ludak jana'...Cheers to Life... ludak ludak ke hi to insaan seekhta hai. Aur ab adjustment mein to time lagta hi hai na? Dilli se Bhiwani mein laake baitha doge to ek aadh gadbad to hogi hee. Here whole forest of sour grapes existed. Finally, ab hum ban gaye the Mashter jee :) aur remuneration tha Rupeej 1000 per month for three days a week.

Byeee God ki kasam, the volley of questions & numerical she threw was unimaginable & unsolvable. Whenever she had any doubt, I would smile, crack a joke, ask for water & than finally would tell her to mark & discuss tomorrow. Actually my understanding on those questions was very similar to the one I have on Enrique's latest Latin number. I withdrew in straight 3 classes. Teaching was not my cup of Tea, V, B, D and include every Eeeee.

Bohhy, I couldn't teach mathematics to a class 9th student, I felt humiliated. I felt as helpless as Vinod Kambli found himself during 96 world cup cricket match with Sri Lanka. Only difference is he sobbed & I nearly did not...Holishit... Soon I was back to normal playing badminton, basketball in hostel, which I always loved. And the maths was so so so so so so far away :) nearly invisible.

While I was recalling the history of my life, today, some 8 saal baad, I felt like a champ, when I was about to take last guest lecture at SASMIRA, Worli ( http://www.sasmira.org/ ). Awwww... 'Is it really the last lecture' is what my ander ki awaaj asked me. My broken, torn, wounded Sony Ericsson rang & 'Rohit, it is your last lecture', asked the the faculty head. 'hmm... hmm...Yeah, yes Aparna, I should be winding up today', replied me & popped out of the bed, the way those popcorns do in the hot pan. Weekends give me the leisure of loving my bed a li’l more.
I learned more from them than what these crazy bunch of young fellas learned from me. It's been an year i.e. 2 semesters. And today everyone in the class is a learned man/learned lady who knows that Vasco De Gama found America & Columbus located India. Everyone is Intelligent now :)

Cheers to Life :)
Good Times
rohit

2 comments:

Runul Vashistha said...

Well... I too had a maths tutor in class 9 who could hardly solve any problems.... :P
I can guess the reason now :D
Rohit... why don't you start putting ur blogs into a book... I m sure you have lots of interesting stories to share !

Anonymous said...

Rohit very well written blog.....
priyanka