Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Me and sports...







Above is a Asian Games ticket for a Hockey match. Ticket that was purchased by my father, an year before my birth. I still love collecting such stuff.
Moments back turkey beat Swiss in the bloody battle of Euro 2008, it was a game full of injuries but the passion showed by fiery players is the only 'adrenalin pumping thing' I came across in last few laidback days. AMAZING, how sports change the way sports lovers take their lives. And I am hating myself coz m not playing sports these days.

I wonder how our lives are preprogrammed, not allowing us to go beyond obvious until be bring the hidden rebel from deep inside. School-college days are the only days you get to play. I hate it, I hate not being able to play sports. Sports had been my best friend, and is missed dearly, everyday. It's something that took away all the troubles from my life. I don't want to forget the basketball games played at 2 AM with fierce energy just coz I couldn't propose my crush, or coz the girl I liked went for someone else. I can't forget the football match played more passionately coz it followed a hard hitting fight with another boy in hostel. It's difficult to go over the lone time spent on basketball court while I fought hard with my emotions. My happy moments always brought perfect smashes on ping pong table, why would I like to forget that. Even for 10,000 dollars I wont exchange the experience of covering Delhi Ring Road on cycle (50-60 km) & riding to South Campus (50-55 km) the other time. Cant let go, the reputation of being a tough fighter on badminton court, pals still remember the sound of the smashes my racket used to throw to weaken opponents challenge. They refused to give me their rackets coz with me racket strings broke frequently (kidding). The otherwise absent agility, jumps & quick response came up automaticaly on the court. Though I used to struggle with my emotions after every loss. Spending 2 hours, each in morning & eavening on badminton court was among the best things I did during my hostel days.


"Hey you play good", How can I forget a girl's (was from other school)appreciation &...... when I captained my school team in table tennis events. Bet you, she looked awesome but not better than my Table Tennis Racket. Won Silver Medal that day but there on, have been missing that girl. Hey you, DAV, Rajinder Nagar girl, m searching for you since last 10 years, show up now....LOL.... Other times, I loved the hooting, it went in favour or against never mattered to me. The yells, screams & shouts were the best thing that could ever happen to a sports freak teenager, that was the fame which brought adrenalin rush with it & lasted till end of the match.

Her lovely words after a basketball match still hit my ears & echo in my heart. Otherwise rigid, she easily brought me a bottle of water for my badminton match. Lovely, lovely.... I can live countless happy days only on those thoughts. Somehow my crushes, infatuations & the recent love started around court itself.

Those were hot afternoons of 1999 & 2001, when I used to take my lovely lady (cycle) for after exam talks. I used to ride it till eternity & in return I used to get all the refreshness. No matter my exam went good or bad, I used to wai for the time I'll ride my lady (ha ha, obviously cycle).

Sports have been a passion, there have been ups n downs, drama full of emotions, adrenalin rush, goose bumps & what not. Sports have always been their for my rescue through tough times. They have been my best pals.

I am a near loser in making my love story a success. I am dragged li'l backward coz of the withdrawal of offer the company made at campus. I am li'l lonely these days which is very unusual. All these hurt but not as hard as missing time, feild & people to play sports with. I miss my beautiful ladies, BSA STREET CAT & HERO HAWK. They did hurt my ass, while being harsh on it but they always stayed close to my heart.

All that apart bloggy has been a new enterant into my life & has deffinitely added few sparkles. Love ya bloggy... hope we'll have a real sporty relation :)


let the good times roll >>>>>>>

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

If not busy lets have a couple of badminton rounds.......:)

Passionate said...

Dear stranger....anytime...
I guess Varun it is :)

Phoenix said...

If you've a passion, dont let it leave u altogether. It's sad how Indian society does not really encourage sports in growing up yrs, except exceptional cricket, perhaps.

Passionate said...

@ anonymous
Hey... dear Anonymous I thought u were Varun n u r not...

Ok dude, lets have a game...u tell which one you wanna play... Badminton or TT ?

@phoenix
Yeah, n the cities are cramping. Open fields around us are apartments now. Still I manage a game once in a while.

Anonymous said...

no...I dont know you..I just happened to read your blogs....and i felt you are really passiontae 4 games....so thought of games....my life doesnt allow me to spare time for games...though I love it

Passionate said...

If you in Delhi than deffinitely there lets have few matches... Badminton is ok...n if you play TT than that also...

Siri Fort end of this month...what say ??

Anonymous said...

Do you have a membership at siri fort

Anonymous said...

I had membership but havent renewed it since long

Passionate said...

No need for that...u can play by pay per hour also...even i dont have membership of the place

Anonymous said...

you write commendable